I took my drum and beat it
. I took my drum and beat it as they say
-sounding like I had a tambourine in my pants!
I reasoned that some ferocious sublimation on the esplanade was on the menu.
It might do me a whole lot of good,
maybe not for my aching eyes;
no that be a wonderful tonic, but to help clear my cracked head.
It was going on Ten a.m.
I had to break away
The day was beautifully mild,
a sweet smoke hung in the air like a mothers bedtime song,
I saw it spit from tiny black exhaust pipes beyond tar syrup rooftops,
the cranes that sit in the harbor mist, and ancient brick smokestacks.
The leaves had already started their metamorphosis turning like clockwork, falling like butterflies; falling like the leaves of the calendar twisting like the gears of the clock face.
It was autumn! I felt it in the swells of my guts "perfect day for cycling". I wanted to get a quick bite to eat
jerome moore's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I took my drum and beat it by jerome moore )
- You Are My Strength, greg paul
- Winters Coming, michael hagwood
- Whats Wrong With Me, jasmine paul
- Empty Skies, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- wholesome girl, Brit Thompson
- An Indian English Poet, His Father Was N.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- On The Way Down, Shalom Freedman
- Beyond Beautiful, greg paul
- Winterchill, Richard Provencher
- Jungle of the English Language, Ken e Hall