I took my drum and beat it
. I took my drum and beat it as they say
-sounding like I had a tambourine in my pants!
I reasoned that some ferocious sublimation on the esplanade was on the menu.
It might do me a whole lot of good,
maybe not for my aching eyes;
no that be a wonderful tonic, but to help clear my cracked head.
It was going on Ten a.m.
I had to break away
The day was beautifully mild,
a sweet smoke hung in the air like a mothers bedtime song,
I saw it spit from tiny black exhaust pipes beyond tar syrup rooftops,
the cranes that sit in the harbor mist, and ancient brick smokestacks.
The leaves had already started their metamorphosis turning like clockwork, falling like butterflies; falling like the leaves of the calendar twisting like the gears of the clock face.
It was autumn! I felt it in the swells of my guts "perfect day for cycling". I wanted to get a quick bite to eat
jerome moore's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I took my drum and beat it by jerome moore )
- Live Life Smiling, Elizabeth Garcia
- Quiet Dave, Adeosun Olamide
- We Are That, Tushar Ray
- Old-Fashioned Cosmology, douglas scotney
- Dreamt Of You 3, Michael McParland
- That's When You Do It, douglas scotney
- Freedom in Love's Prison, Paul Hartal
- Gun Propaganda, Is It Poetry
- Silver Spoons, Mikey Bachman
- Perjury against the Innocent Punished by.., Dimitri Jagodinski
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- The Lesson, Maya Angelou
- The Raven, Edgar Allan Poe
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(22 March 1941 -)