I Took The Fall
I’ll take the fall as the underdog—
that is what my soul agreed when I was framed
by a lady that was mean and insane.
I came as a light worker to make jail not so grim- -
inmates going to prison needed some smiles
before they went in—
In prison where they were not getting out-
they were stuck without a doubt.
Inmates say “Prison is better than being in jail”
This is where “The System” does fail.
What jail inmates need is the chance to get healed
not to repeat the cycle of addiction, violence and to steal.
SQC Chevalier's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (I Took The Fall by SQC Chevalier )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- عن المقاهي, نزار قباني
- عواصفنا الجميلة, نزار قباني
- The lonely brook! !, Bobby yadav
- <<< A man from the race of art .., Abdul Wahab
- في الفن المعماري, نزار قباني
- <<< Beast and man, Abdul Wahab
- <<< Humanity and progress, Abdul Wahab
- <<< Brute Power, Abdul Wahab
- The Green Flash ll, Morgan Michaels
- AN UGLY WAR VERSUS A PRETTY PEACE, MOHAMMAD SKATI