Gert Strydom (03 April 1964 / Johannesburg, South Africa)
I wanted to go back to my childhood days
I wanted to go back to my childhood days,
wanted to play with the delight of a child,
wanted to steal ripe peaches and hide them in my shirt
and I wanted to brake away from the here and now
but then I did meet you
with eyes reflecting the sun,
dancing like starry lights.
Poet Other Poems
- “Where have all the soldiers gone? Gone ...
- 1899-1902 (Cavatina Sequence) (In Answ...
- 20th century
- 5th Avenue remembered
- A accountant at a transport company
- A Bee Buzzes Past In Its Flight
- a Birthday
- A birthday: Far too long
- A bottle of wolf’s poison
- A bouquet for you
- A Boy Fishing (Cavatina Sequence)
- a Brave Boer boy
- A brave Field Cornet
- A brood of vipers
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.