I would not have done, if I knew it earlier..
When you called me other day,
and told me your sad story,
I should have listened to you, not have done it.
When you called me middle of the night,
and told me that you had given up all hopes,
I should have listened to you only, not have done that.
When you came to my house,
cried your heart out,
I should have listened to you ONLY, not have done that.
When you made a hell out my weak heart,
pestered me to part the hard earned money,
I should have listened to you, not have lent the cash.
When I call you now,
You already changed your phone number,
When I come to your house,
your neighbors have become old,
and you shifted to a new house.
When I manage to get your new number,
and call you, you do tell me,
that I called the wrong number.
If I knew it earlier,
that you bargained my affection for money,
I would not have lent you the money,
at least I still have a friend or a relative intact.
veeraiyah subbulakshmi's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I would not have done, if I knew it earlier.. by veeraiyah subbulakshmi )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Elimination of Stress and Strife in My L.., K J Force
- Philip's Philippines, Richard Thripp
- less, lee fones
- Boven de Mens'lijkheid, Madrason writer
- Sleep To Dream, Arafat Driche
- The curse of poverty, Arafat Driche
- The Statue, Arafat Driche
- House hunting, Nalini Chaturvedi
- Mother Mother Mother..............! ! !, Arafat Driche
- Night of Nights, Arafat Driche