Leave me in my dream land,
Where I can swim in the ice cream ponds,
The vanilla is the sweetest of all,
The smell of chocolate keeps me in spell.
The nuts are there cracked and roasted,
Hazel, almond and cashew are the few,
The grapes are preserved to be the raisins,
All these settle on the emulsified milk and sugar.
Let me dive in the ice cream pond,
Where I can smell the fruits of the orient,
The durians, mangoes, bananas and lychees,
Pleasantly melt when mixed with pistachios.
Let me take the stick ice cream made of water,
Mixed with sugar and color that is sold in our streets,
When ice cream men ring the bell and wing at the girls,
We have milk, pulse, and cut and fried ice creams in our stalls.
Let us gently paddle in the Magnolia boat,
After the dip in the huge Magnum pot,
Home reared kind cows and clever buffaloes,
Fill our dream ice cream pond with milk and butter.
veeraiyah subbulakshmi's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Ice cream! by veeraiyah subbulakshmi )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Pas teje vrapoja, skender iljaz braka
- Takim miqesh..., skender iljaz braka
- Loti i engjellit dhe loti i djallit, skender iljaz braka
- Prime Truth - 12, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- Prime Truth - 11, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- Prime Truth - 10, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- The Flying Dutchman , Gert Strydom
- Tu ktheva, o det., skender iljaz braka
- Shkujdesur ecja rrugeve te qytetit, skender iljaz braka
- Retrospektive, skender iljaz braka