>If God and man had to meet,
And talk of things that affect man,
Of questions that need answers,
And answer each other honestly,
Would you want to be there?
To ask why you are who you are?
Why you have done the things you did?
To ask where your path leads to?
For it is not the way you want to venture.
Why you were given choices that were not final?
The choices are already mapped for you!
To ask why little children suffer?
And why there is poverty in the world?
Would you ask God where He sits?
What He looks at all day?
Who He consults about your life?
Why He planned this life like this?
How He expects you to cope?
Would you ask God to change His plan for you?
To make right the wrongs in your life..
Why He chose others for happiness and contentment,
And others for suffering and pain?
When He sees people dying of hunger,
Does He shed a tear?
When people are dying slowly of incurable diseases,
Does He flinch and cry?
When a child dies,
How does He manage to look at the grieving parents?
When a mother dies,
Was it His plan to create orphans?
When there is an earthquake,
What does He do?
What would you ask God,
If you came face to face with Him?
To satisfy your soul,
What answers would you seek?
Just a thought!
For when people suffer,
Through no choice of their own!
When life is destroyed,
And people cry until tears dry!
When life's doors close in their faces,
And God is in heaven and everywhere else,
Our Lord who plans our life...
Do you say Job survived the crucible,
When you are dying?
Do you fear asking God because of blasphemy?
If God and man were to meet,
Would they make peace?
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (If! by Flencirose Basera )
- Imaginary Friends, S. I. Rednow
- HOLDING HANDS.., DRASHI SHAH
- Love Can Do It, Akhtar Jawad
- Just the beginning of that pretty Fall, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- The flame of hope, bryan wallace
- Myself, Hans Raj Sharma
- The Ends and the Means, David McLansky
- Together Life, Albert Martin
- No secret, gajanan mishra
- Adam's Story: Redemption, Onyekachukwu Vincent Onyeche
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Being With You, Heather Burns
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1930 - 1998)
- Heather Burns
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Rainer Maria Rilke
(4 December 1875 – 29 December 1926)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Alfred Lord Tennyson
(6 August 1809 – 6 October 1892)