If I Had Committed Suicid In Jail
If I had committed suicide in jail
the world would less bright without fail.
All my inspiring poems to children dear
would of fell on deaf ears.
For my name would show up in mugshots.com
it would be a tragedy that intended to do harm.
Yes, the children would never know the stories
of Melodie, Sarah and
UniCandle unicorn winning all the glory.
It would a great novel, a best selling story.
The glory for Mother Earth who could finally
have a say—
I fight for the underdog every single day.
Yes, what a tragedy it would be—
Hey if I wasn’t (thank Jesus) set free-
there would be one less creative artist
making light to the underdogs happily.
Now of course I change my name
for my new destiny.
SQC Chevalier's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (If I Had Committed Suicid In Jail by SQC Chevalier )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- World Of Music, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Creating A Christmas Tree, Doris Beaulieu
- love it up like yeah?, Mandolyn ...
- What not to be done while a person is ly.., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- buzz off bees, lee fones
- Uncle Ikey's Last Words No.39, Robert Graber
- Happy Birthday Dear Mum, Adewale Ajakanri
- The Blood is the Key, Matthew Buck
- Olwakho uthando, Phiwe Mbatha
- I rish this couldn't say it's R's, Mandolyn ...