If I Sang To The Moon Would Not All The Stars Rejoice?
If I a shadow, hadn’t stumbled over you
And made that gentle bow, like a blade of grass…
Would you not of shimmered like the morning dew?
For me; always and forever…
If the ocean makes the sand
Who made the moon-grains pearl?
Who made the mountain that stands?
Like a bottomless, hourglass
Reflecting-up - up but still below you…
If a reeling cloud dressed Venus, ethereal as a snow drift.
Would I just not undress to tremble, invisible, next to you?
Just to listen to my angels melting, tiptoes…
Disappearing; with her jingles go.
If I sang to the moon, would not all the stars rejoice?
If a shadow, hadn’t stumbled over you
And took a bow like a blade of grass…
Would you not of beheld me
Quaking in my splintering, boots of glass.
If I was a scarlet; sky, enfolding all your love.
Would you not turn the potter’s wheel anti clockwise?
Too make it slow… into an eternal clay catalyst.
If I sing to the moon, would not all the stars rejoice?
If the solar system and the wheels are kind,
And I say it with flowers
Would you not hear a brass band a symphony?
From; some long forgot starlit paradise.
Mark Heathcote's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (If I Sang To The Moon Would Not All The Stars Rejoice? by Mark Heathcote )
Alfred Lord Tennyson
(6 August 1809 – 6 October 1892)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 March 1907 – 11 September 1987)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Clean And Cleanliness, gajanan mishra
- Ring Out , Wild Bells, Alfred Lord Tennyson
- Main neer bhari dukh ki badli, Mahadevi Varma
Poem of the Day
- Crystal Clear, Jason Summers
- SONG OF YULETIDE EVE, Sir Toby Moses
- Resolution, Neela Nath
- The Fault In Our Stars, Asma Riaz Khan
- Heaven's Delight, JJ Evendon
- (7) जिख्लाबसे लाइजाम: 'रैसुमै'नो, Ronjoy Brahma
- Two or Three, M.J. Lemon
- A Modern Haiku For Modern Life, M.J. Lemon
- We are All Nomads, Md. Ziaul Haque
- Dancing Shadows!, Md. Ziaul Haque