If only the stump is left
If only the stump is left.
Its remains will be of a reminder!
"To all it gave some point of shelter".
A dark—foreboding, fact, points...
"To some arrow of light, that raised it
out of this; forest of forgetfulness'…
"where it shone a green crown emerald
with its steeples darkening—mossed.
"Stark as any granite gravestone…
at anyone given, point of time! "
it's a blatant reminder, that shows—
we too haven't many more of those…
discarded, yesterday's remaining,
root gnarled; now there's a void...?
a pinnacles dark foreboding, fact—
"Emptiness has sunk lifting some latch".
"Now there's an empty doorway… to fill".
Mark Heathcote's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (If only the stump is left by Mark Heathcote )
Did you read them?
- Realize, my dear, gajanan mishra
- Should not mind, hasmukh amathalal
- Bridegroom to His Bride, Frank Avon
- What Is Life?, Abhishek Dubey
- Useless exercise, hasmukh amathalal
- Never letting, hasmukh amathalal
- Truth is in south, gajanan mishra
- Student, Paul Sebastian
- "While drifting away..." / Bla.., Jeff Gangwer
- Teacher, Paul Sebastian
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Like the Touch of Rain, Edward Thomas
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)