If Thıs Is Theır Fırst Offense
and they are “not” serial rapists or mentally ill
or used guns to kill-
Should we ruin their names-
and make people more against them
especially if in the end they are innocent?
Why the first time put their mug shots up
to lose their jobs or image, making their life
filled with more yuk.
Give them the chance to prove their innocence
or get help for their first offense.
Not treat them like their bad right outside the gate
this makes society judge them and possibly hate—
For if they are “not a harm to everyone”
why make it harder for them to see the sun?
SQC Chevalier's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (If Thıs Is Theır Fırst Offense by SQC Chevalier )
Poem of the Day
- Unity is Strength, S.D. TIWARI
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- After Making Love We Hear Footsteps, Galway Kinnell
- Blackberry Eating, Galway Kinnell
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1927)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Heather Burns