If Thıs Is Theır Fırst Offense
and they are “not” serial rapists or mentally ill
or used guns to kill-
Should we ruin their names-
and make people more against them
especially if in the end they are innocent?
Why the first time put their mug shots up
to lose their jobs or image, making their life
filled with more yuk.
Give them the chance to prove their innocence
or get help for their first offense.
Not treat them like their bad right outside the gate
this makes society judge them and possibly hate—
For if they are “not a harm to everyone”
why make it harder for them to see the sun?
SQC Chevalier's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (If Thıs Is Theır Fırst Offense by SQC Chevalier )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Capsule Of Eternity, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- MY own fault, hasmukh amathalal
- on returning to my part time job-, Mandolyn ...
- Write new chapter, hasmukh amathalal
- COPLA 71 INVOCATION: This Bad Guy World, T (no first name) Wignesan
- Gnarly Disposition, Electric Lady
- Dare - Devil Inside, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- I'll be missing you, Emma Wilson
- A U G U S T, hasmukh amathalal
- Conquest, Liilia Talts Morrison