SQC Chevalier (4-18-1966 / Elizabeth, New Jersey)
Joy and Inspiration Lives
Came as a light worker to make jail not so grim- -
inmates being in jail needed some smiles.
Their thoughts and feelings were quite dim.
Going on a mission as a change agent
to change jail’s perception-
It’s all about perception of jail and how we
can now use it as a place of Inspiration.
We want to help build inmates spirits up again—
not to make them feel like more of a criminal
and treating them less than human.
Some inmates feel it is survival like animals in a pack—
too bad humans have to watch their back.
We need to change how we think
is jail making it any better
or is it just making people’s life shrink?
How about Joy And Inspiration Lives—
is that a better place to come from?
From a heart that cares and gives?
SQC Chevalier's Other Poems
- “SHINE BRIGHT LIKE A DIAMOND”
- “WE DON’T SMILE IN HERE”
- A HIGHLY EVOLVED BEING WOULD NOT SHOOT B...
- A ONENESS BLESSER VISITS JAIL
- A PLANET WITHOUT PUNISHMENT
- Angels On My Left & On My Right
- Are Zoo’s Treating Their Inmates Better
- BASKET BALL WE DON’T PLAY
- BE AN OBSERVER
- BLESS THE BOND COMPANIES
- Bless The Inmates
- Can There Be A Better Way?
- Committing Suicide On The Inside
- Cops Not Needed
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.