Joy and Inspiration Lives
Came as a light worker to make jail not so grim- -
inmates being in jail needed some smiles.
Their thoughts and feelings were quite dim.
Going on a mission as a change agent
to change jail’s perception-
It’s all about perception of jail and how we
can now use it as a place of Inspiration.
We want to help build inmates spirits up again—
not to make them feel like more of a criminal
and treating them less than human.
Some inmates feel it is survival like animals in a pack—
too bad humans have to watch their back.
We need to change how we think
is jail making it any better
or is it just making people’s life shrink?
How about Joy And Inspiration Lives—
is that a better place to come from?
From a heart that cares and gives?
SQC Chevalier's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Joy and Inspiration Lives by SQC Chevalier )
- Hunger - never, gajanan mishra
- Our world's critical crises, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Unexpected Rendezvous, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- Deathly war of soul, Nehemiah Theophylus Haokip
- Creed of yours, Nehemiah Theophylus Haokip
- Epistle To Mine Mater, Sir Toby
- Story for all of me, Nehemiah Theophylus Haokip
- I saw only her, Erato
- Care of tear, Nehemiah Theophylus Haokip
- The Grave, Sir Toby
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Footsteps of Angels, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)