Joy and Inspiration Lives
Came as a light worker to make jail not so grim- -
inmates being in jail needed some smiles.
Their thoughts and feelings were quite dim.
Going on a mission as a change agent
to change jail’s perception-
It’s all about perception of jail and how we
can now use it as a place of Inspiration.
We want to help build inmates spirits up again—
not to make them feel like more of a criminal
and treating them less than human.
Some inmates feel it is survival like animals in a pack—
too bad humans have to watch their back.
We need to change how we think
is jail making it any better
or is it just making people’s life shrink?
How about Joy And Inspiration Lives—
is that a better place to come from?
From a heart that cares and gives?
SQC Chevalier's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Joy and Inspiration Lives by SQC Chevalier )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- The Love Of God, BRENDA KANSHABE TUMUSHABE
- A SHADOW IN DAKNESS, ROCHISH MON
- Flaming Desire, Pijush Biswas
- Reasons for Defeat, Maurice Whyte
- Meadow, Aftab Alam
- Desirable Someone, Zillur Rahman Shuvro
- The Caged Bird, Zillur Rahman Shuvro
- Rainbows, Phil Soar
- A Brief History of History, Zillur Rahman Shuvro
- equal, Matthew Edan Oliver Palma