If We Could Bend The Hour-Work Back
could make events, deeds and words undone
then this could perhaps have been a better world
and everything would have been timeless and reversible
and heartache and pain would have been able to be bended right
and it would have been possible to create a heaven on earth
but we are caught to the thing
that makes everything older,
that bends our lives
to be trivial and but mortal.
Gert Strydom's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (If We Could Bend The Hour-Work Back by Gert Strydom )
- when i inhaled you, Mandolyn ...
- A Crazy Noisy Bird, Wasim Akram
- ZZ The Many Ways Soldiers Die, Saiom Shriver
- Lately, Dominique Lamboy
- MY WORDS AND HER WORDS كلماتي و كلماتها, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Drawing Inspiration, Tony Adah
- Bumblebees Bibbing, Saiom Shriver
- Tum Muze Kaha Pyar Dete Ho, ravipal bharshankar
- When He's Not Here, Lora Colon
- Charlotte Old Times (The Cure), B.. Alexander