If You But Want Me Too
If you but want me too
I will shelter you...
If you but desire me too
I shall lie alongside you...
You can stir beside me!
And I shall be aroused beside you!
If it's but within your soul
If it's but too within my heart
I'll stumble on your love in the dark
I'll unearth its ebony residence
And together we'll turn that key
And open the loneliest parts of you
In the most isolated parts of me.
And together in our hearts
We'll reside like the sun and rain
Like fire and ice
Like oil and water
But in a complementary role
Like night and day
Like Adam and Eve
You will be the truest measurement
The truest part of me as only
Opposites can be.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (If You But Want Me Too by Mark Heathcote )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- A Man's a Man for A' That, Robert Burns
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
Poem of the Day
- Essence of world peace., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- love heals, Hyeladai kwapaya
- Republic day, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- The Heart of a Broken Hearted Girl, Serenity Anderson
- PH: Life: Black On White, Brian Johnston
- Experiencing Peace, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Have you lost your ways?, gajanan mishra
- Whose Fault is This?, Luo Zhihai
- Vibrations Of Spirituality, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- RAFA, douglas scotney