Terence George Craddock (Spectral Images and Images Of Light)
Bank nice bank Government Bank
hoarding my American Dollars;
safely behind steal vaulted doors
curious visiting customers, cannot see.
New customer is the giant in the clouds
counting golden eggs safely clutched away;
where is Jack in Bean Stalk ready to assault
my mythical Fort Knox, castle in the clouds?
Kampung robber robbed timber facing
boards off a near neighbours’ house;
stolen in the still of night? No it was
a brazen robbery interrupted, at 7pm.
Ebu Ebu Eda cut down her beautiful trees
but a day later in fear of kampung thieves;
climbing her bean stalk trees over garden walls
to her spacious manicured, cloud mansion in the sky.
Curse curse kampung thieves stealing
living wood from trees while Indonesian;
politicians line their pockets with profit
stolen from illegal, deforestation of Sumatera.
All Sumaterian rain forest to be cut down
so massive island can grow only palm oil;
to oil greasy hands of the rich and corrupt
Indonesia seeking to attain, number one status.
Indonesia presently placing ranked third
in international global corruption analysis?
Two barrow policy; sanctioned or illegal back
pocket; illegal rain forest logging, deforestation.
Indonesia manifest as gross
crime against mother nature;
as gross gross crime against environmental
international concerns, of global warming.
Copyright © Terence George Craddock
Kampung an Indonesian village or villager.
Terence George Craddock (Spectral Images and Images Of Light)'s Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Illegal Logging by Terence George Craddock (Spectral Images and Images Of Light) )
- Forgive Me, Ismim Putera
- A Monster's Warning, Bruce Larkin
- Of Teares, John Beaumont
- Advice from the Jackalope Man, Bruce Larkin
- THE MIND OF A BLACKSMITH..., M.D Dinesh Nair
- ~ Living ~, Aparna Chatterjee
- A Dialogue Between The World, A Pilgrim .., John Beaumont
- Bookworm, Naveed Khalid
- An Act Of Hope, John Beaumont
- I wish, nishca koeries
Poem of the Day
- Suicide in the Trenches, Siegfried Sassoon
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- A Drinking Song, William Butler Yeats
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- From 'The Testament of Beauty', Robert Seymour Bridges
(1886 - 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)