this was the poem chosen for my uncle brownies funeral after his passing on may 28,2011
Don't grieve for me now
I'm following the path God laid for me.
I took his hand when I heard him call,
I turned my back and left it all.
I could not stay another day,
To laugh, to live, to work or play.
Tasks left undone must stay that way,
I've found my peace at the close of the day.
If parting left a void,
Then fill it with memories of joy.
A friendship shared, a laugh, a kiss,
Ah yes, these things I too will miss.
Be not burdened with times of sorrow,
I wish you sunshine of tomorrow.
My lifes been full, I've savored much...
Good friends, good times, a loved one's touch.
Perhaps my time seemed all too brief,
Don't lengthen it now with undue grief
Lift up your hearts and share with me,
God wanted me now, he set me free.
Alexandra robert's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Im free by Alexandra robert )
- LIVING DEATH, Roberto Randazzo
- If you hate me, Aftab Alam
- We remember them, Royston Allen
- The Last poem, Kamal Nasser
- In The Stars And Sun, Michael McParland
- LIMERICK-6 (Chemistry question), Saheb Mohapatra
- Limerick-46, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- Haiku-3 (DEATH), Saheb Mohapatra
- Survivors, Ibrahim Nasrallah
- where do I start, Steven S. Walsky
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- November, Thomas Hood
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Would Live In Your Love, Sara Teasdale
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(8 August 1884 – 29 January 1933)
- Heather Burns