RoseAnn V. Shawiak
Importance Of Nothing
Full of the importance of nothing to do, human life carries
itself as though it must be busy.
False pretentions abound beyond normal limits, as people
hurry and fill out tons of paperwork, writing alleged reasons
for everything they must report to supervisors and bosses.
What is the reasoning for all the work which is done each
day, does it ever really help anyone or is it all just a
So-called envelopes, sealed, stamped, mailed to people all
over the world, for what other reasons than to keep in touch.
Slicing details, outlasting trees that are torn down for the important paperwork of thieves.
Computers hiding trillions of dollars from ordinary folks,
taking away all they own through an organization which calls
itself the I.R.S. It is in fact, a den of thieves attaching
their claws to things they do not own and demanding hard
earned money for it.
Unsubstantiated claims, filed without express permission of
a few in charge is audited and dissected over and over for
eternities to come.
There are no valid reasons for stealing what others own, even
if they choose to call it taxes, all of it is wrong and should
be stopped this very minute.
Nature lying around, surrounding us with it's beauty, should
be above reproach, but it is not.
Nothing is sacred when a few greedy people decide to grab
what they have not.
Jealousy heeds this state of affairs, I believe the I.R.S.
was started on this very premise, because one person had
something another desired, taxes were born.
RoseAnn V. Shawiak's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Importance Of Nothing by RoseAnn V. Shawiak )
Did you read them?
- Blind, Blind, Naveed Khalid
- A ripple's life, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- What is this world of ours ماهذا العالم .., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Sinners الاثمون, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Touch-me-not, Naveed Khalid
- The Sword and the Plowshare, John F. McCullagh
- On the road a Recovery Poem, jeff newnham
- Sinners, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- An Image Of An Old House, Yohan Confectioner
- Autumn Equinox, Jacqueline Nash
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(3 March 1878 - 9 April 1917)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)