Dr. Yogesh Sharma
In A Dark Nation: I Am Lost
In a nation of black darkness: I am lost;
I crave to run out of this land unmindful of host.
Eyes are short of tears blazing down my face,
Scary thoughts making dumb my spirit to pace.
Pinning to die, to get tranquility at fast,
Life is full of thorns, the die is mast.
The worthlessness that devours me live,
Is concealed way down deep inside.
All suck up my spirit and emit it foul,
The ache of it force me howl.
In the storm my sobs are blown,
No one to heed, far they've thrown.
Motionless is my heart the cries ping,
But of love and delight will never get wing.
For no emotion is within thee,
Only a living tomb like world will see.
With death I have a promise to keep,
An appointment from which I cannot weep.
Not at all do I agonize about my gait,
Stillness at last, I just have to wait.
Dr. Yogesh Sharma's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (In A Dark Nation: I Am Lost by Dr. Yogesh Sharma )
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- A Smile To Remember, Charles Bukowski
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- A Character, William Wordsworth
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- Eyes that tell, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Night was plucky, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Once that Dawn her reign, Emmanuel George Cefai
- You have ever woken, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Horror is, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Of horror do we, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Thick Was The Mist, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Fear and fear, gajanan mishra
- Testing Muhammad by Abraham Lincoln's Qu.., Akhtar Jawad
- Castles Made of Salt, Michael Mira