Lawrence S. Pertillar
In It For The Pursuit
I am in it for the pursuit,
To experience, explore and adventure too!
A redoing of a path already paved,
For the reason to save time...
Just to have more of it to waste and find,
Excuses made to criticize others unafraid...
Of living their lives seeking that which satisfies,
Is not what I accept as an invitation to expectation!
To make strides with efforts undenied or to hide,
Exemplifies the kind of life I also choose to live!
And will do!
Without those 'could ofs' wished with 'and ifs' that sit...
For the purpose to leave me comforted,
In limits to share with those believing...
Time is theirs to spare whenever they choose to use it.
No matter if no longer there to amuse a remembered youth.
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (In It For The Pursuit by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Metamorphosis, Musfiq us shaleheen
- Scent of the Rain, Steven Rhoads
- Limits to Eternity, The Princess
- Reflecting Shadows, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- What is love, gajanan mishra
- Women, Nassy Fesharaki
- Because of intimacy, gajanan mishra
- while the stars spin our ferris wheel..., Mandolyn ...
- The anger inside my head, Ben Matthews
- I see love, gajanan mishra