Lawrence S. Pertillar
In It For The Pursuit
I am in it for the pursuit,
To experience, explore and adventure too!
A redoing of a path already paved,
For the reason to save time...
Just to have more of it to waste and find,
Excuses made to criticize others unafraid...
Of living their lives seeking that which satisfies,
Is not what I accept as an invitation to expectation!
To make strides with efforts undenied or to hide,
Exemplifies the kind of life I also choose to live!
And will do!
Without those 'could ofs' wished with 'and ifs' that sit...
For the purpose to leave me comforted,
In limits to share with those believing...
Time is theirs to spare whenever they choose to use it.
No matter if no longer there to amuse a remembered youth.
Topic of this poem: adventure
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (In It For The Pursuit by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Samuel Taylor Coleridge
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1878 - 3 May 1916)
(1924 - 2000)
Sheldon Allan Silverstein
(September 25, 1930 – May 10, 1999)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Love, Sarah Flower Adams
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Indian Weavers, Sarojini Naidu
Poem of the Day
- My Time, Kyle Schlicher
- TEACHER, Shachi Kaul
- Jackals cleverness., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Gibberish, hafiz qasim
- Child Of Mine, Kyle Schlicher
- My Heart Is Heavy, Kyle Schlicher
- Beautiful Dusk, Shachi Kaul
- New year, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- I Am Ready, Kyle Schlicher
- Sonnet: The God of Fairness, Justice and.., Dr John Celes