Lawrence S. Pertillar
In It For The Pursuit
I am in it for the pursuit,
To experience, explore and adventure too!
A redoing of a path already paved,
For the reason to save time...
Just to have more of it to waste and find,
Excuses made to criticize others unafraid...
Of living their lives seeking that which satisfies,
Is not what I accept as an invitation to expectation!
To make strides with efforts undenied or to hide,
Exemplifies the kind of life I also choose to live!
And will do!
Without those 'could ofs' wished with 'and ifs' that sit...
For the purpose to leave me comforted,
In limits to share with those believing...
Time is theirs to spare whenever they choose to use it.
No matter if no longer there to amuse a remembered youth.
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (In It For The Pursuit by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
- Painting Tomorrow, Cathy Hodgson
- Silence of the Snow, Arrianna Prentiss
- Don't ever in public, Dr PJ Raj Kamal
- Somewhere in time, Mark Heathcote
- The wind brings warning, xeno drone
- My nature is to write, gajanan mishra
- Two Rings, Shannon Paterson
- Dreams Incarnate, Dylan Engelbrecht
- The Rose, Neela Nath
- No one to question, hasmukh amathalal
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
- Heather Burns
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)