Almedia Knight Oliver
In my brother's memory
In my brother’s memory
I sit in memories of the years before today, next to
My brother’s ghost, remembering
his face glowing with delight; revealing
words of him being a dad again, and
he’d like a boy, another joy, along his
two girls. And he’d name that much wanted boy:
“Russell, ” a name tougher than a tame A.J
whose initials worn and abhorred- unlike
“Uncle Sam” a nickname adored. “Uncle Sam”
asked A.J to join his army while still in
late teens, a connection before getting to know himself.
Disagreeably A.J. aka Apple Jack was disclaimed
and never did he get to know himself.
Albert Jordan… Uncle Sam birthed!
Later, by the aid of bottles and bottles
Apple Jack aka Albert Jordan; a living wage, trying to be
be man and father were constantly at war.
Trying to be that which not conditioned to be, a
year before his two scores year, he couldn’t
take it any more, and permission
Grim Reaper to settled the score.
Almedia Knight Oliver's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (In my brother's memory by Almedia Knight Oliver )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- I Didn't Want This To Admit, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Deciding They Will Run, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Cutting Edges Plaguing, Terence G. Craddock
- Curse, MAD DEW
- Nature's Glory, Tirupathi Chandrupatla
- A SECRET, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Life Image Distortions, Terence G. Craddock
- From Chibok With Love, Adeosun Olamide
- Happy Teacher's Day,2014, India, Dr John Celes
- Established To Accept, Lawrence S. Pertillar