Almedia Knight Oliver
The Power Of Love
The radiance morning sun
infused space exposing
I lay beside him marveling the pink aura
waltzing behind my lids…
could this be some kind of omen or link?
I begin to hold onto his body, squeezing
extra breath on my neck, and delighting
in the croon of his melodic breathing.
Beguiled by his sensual eyes caused
me to feel like the trembling heart
of a captive bird then, I knew love had
captured my quivering heart again!
At this time
pregnant with your love.
appetite increasing, throwing up,
nights devoid of sleep, and
ecstatic tears dropping in heap
bulging with pride
strecthing, contracting, and
giving birth to our love!
At long last
A love I can never forsake,
Because I’m your lady…
Will you be my man for my sake?
When you call, I'll be at your command
Come into my paradise
I’ll love and cherish you
All of my life
my body is frail
our love stronger
I’m ready to commit
To the power of love.
Only as your wife can I hold on-
Now, here’s my hand, here’s my heart…one love!
…. Forever…forever…forever… my soul mate!
Almedia S. Knight, January 2010
(In dedication [to Claude H Oliver and Almedia S. Knight] of a heavenly love that has baffled both for five years)
Almedia Knight Oliver's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Power Of Love by Almedia Knight Oliver )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Gordon D Wilkinson
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
Harivansh Rai Bachchan
(27 November 1907 – 18 January 2003)
(01 January 1950)
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Your Laughter, Pablo Neruda
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Truce of Night, Lucy Maud Montgomery
Poem of the Day
- Goodnight Kiss, Michael P. McParland
- Marshes Of Life, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- What I Dream And What I Find, Amitava Sur
- Waves Within...., Umasree Raghunath
- Children of Peshawar! My heart bleeds fo.., Umasree Raghunath
- A History Of The Future- What's THAT? ? .., Bri Edwards
- Epistle therefrom Death, Sir Toby Moses
- Being Rich, Randy McClave
- Chief glory, gajanan mishra
- If I Get There, Luis Estable