In The Rain
Count to make laugh
But when you alone
And everybody's gone
Only with sorrow
What are you hiding in the rain?
So fast changing
The air turning cold
Stabbing in your skin
In the flooding road
What are you waiting in the rain?
Or face the most fear
Or try fighting
Do you never know
All human carry storm
In their high and low
What are you seeking in the rain?
Why hurts so much?
What's the meaning?
You seem so broken
Of past long forgotten
And tears start to flow
What are you crying in the rain?
Never to fail
Never to wail
Never give up
Never to lose
The scent of sadness
The beat of bitterness
Dark and gloomy thought
All will be washed in the rain
But lack of willing
Disturb the sleeping
Cause I can't see the truth
Can't catch any words
Behind droplet veil
What are you whispering in the rain?
One step closer to you
The wind blowing strong
Thunder loves to roar
What are you holding in the rain?
Chase me everywhere
We wondering whose fault
Or it just crazy world
Twisting our heart
What are you dancing in the rain?
Anger starts to show
Speaking for our own
Spreading like venom
What are you leaving in the rain?
Under the sea
Over the sky
The hope doesn't go away
The dreams linger and stay
Longing a better day
What are you wishing in the rain?
maria sudibyo's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (In The Rain by maria sudibyo )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Percy Bysshe Shelley
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(27 December 1797 – 15 February 1869)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(2 June 1840 – 11 January 1928)
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- A Late Walk, Robert Frost
- Inspiration, Henry David Thoreau
- Ghazal, Mirza Ghalib
- Within the Circuit of This Plodding Life, Henry David Thoreau
- Summer in Calcutta, Kamala Das
- A.Pushkin, Anchar - translation (rus.), Lyudmila Purgina
Poem of the Day
- Relationship FAQ's, LLDr. Gyd
- Need for More, hafiz qasim
- The PH Forum Ru-Ku Trifecta..., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- You Never Know, Ifthekar Ifthi
- The Real Fruit, Nash Thomas
- Promise And Possibility, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Poem N10, Kristian Djordjanov
- Poem N9, Kristian Djordjanov
- Misunderstood, LLDr. Gyd
- Poem N8, Kristian Djordjanov