In The Rain
Count to make laugh
But when you alone
And everybody's gone
Only with sorrow
What are you hiding in the rain?
So fast changing
The air turning cold
Stabbing in your skin
In the flooding road
What are you waiting in the rain?
Or face the most fear
Or try fighting
Do you never know
All human carry storm
In their high and low
What are you seeking in the rain?
Why hurts so much?
What's the meaning?
You seem so broken
Of past long forgotten
And tears start to flow
What are you crying in the rain?
Never to fail
Never to wail
Never give up
Never to lose
The scent of sadness
The beat of bitterness
Dark and gloomy thought
All will be washed in the rain
But lack of willing
Disturb the sleeping
Cause I can't see the truth
Can't catch any words
Behind droplet veil
What are you whispering in the rain?
One step closer to you
The wind blowing strong
Thunder loves to roar
What are you holding in the rain?
Chase me everywhere
We wondering whose fault
Or it just crazy world
Twisting our heart
What are you dancing in the rain?
Anger starts to show
Speaking for our own
Spreading like venom
What are you leaving in the rain?
Under the sea
Over the sky
The hope doesn't go away
The dreams linger and stay
Longing a better day
What are you wishing in the rain?
maria sudibyo's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (In The Rain by maria sudibyo )
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Let America be America Again, Langston Hughes
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Dream A World, Langston Hughes
- Mother to Son, Langston Hughes
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
Poem of the Day
- Logic in Life, Jayatissa Liyanage
- - Lady Andrea on the meadowland, Giorgio A. V.
- Lady Andrea on the meadowland, Giorgio A. V.
- Let Us Go for a Walk, Valsa George
- Legacy (2015), MILTON STYNER
- Glittering Textures, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Symbol Forests, Ananta Madhavan
- Oh, Those Days of Black 'n White Cookies.., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- Golden Dreams, Ron Baratono
- Change Of Heart, RoseAnn V. Shawiak