In Your Sleep, I die
In your tender sleep, thy child cries
Bullied and tortured by ruthless foes
Amidst pain, I threw arms in the sky
Asleep thou are to comfort my woes.
In your slumber, they child weeps
My eyes grow wide, my arms go lame
Blood drips from me while thou sleep
Beyond that, lo! my heart aflame.
In your sleep, thy child dies
Preserving peace in my heart
Thy child dies so that your eyes
May open with a start.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (In Your Sleep, I die by Geraldine Fernandez )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Commitments, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Battle of our own life, binod bastola
- Before you've brushed your teeth, Mark Heathcote
- Arrival, Tony Adah
- Nigeria I Hail Thee, Tega Akpomraphiphe
- Her Smile, Tega Akpomraphiphe
- ©Getting Over You, Bandile Matsenjwa
- Lost and Found (one f word at the end), Anthony Di'anno
- raining in scotland, ko the skipper
- THE BLACK MAN WITH A KNIFE, johnny case