Elmer Romulo Valdez
The Shadow is a Snake,
Living under the Sand,
And seared by the Sun.
The Sun burns the Sand,
The Snake slithers out,
And follows the Shadow.
The Sand absorbs the Sun,
The Snake bares its fangs,
Then it covers the Shadow.
The Shadow and the Snake,
The Sand and the desert Sun,
One for all, all for one.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Incantation (1) by Elmer Romulo Valdez )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Applause, Alicia C. Cooper
- August 1427: Abundance, Cole Swensen
- What the Ventriloquists Said, Cole Swensen
- She Buried Three, Alicia C. Cooper
- Oxygen, Asit Kumar Sanyal
- Remembering Charlotte, Alicia C. Cooper
- SCARRING, Satish Verma
- you not a good being, MONGAMELI MAZONGOLO
- The Invention of Streetlights, Cole Swensen
- teenage pregnancy, MONGAMELI MAZONGOLO