Incantations longing for a spell…
Waiting for her to show her face
But somewhere deep down inside
She still hides feelings lost half safe.
Leafs are separating, lotus
Petals are falling from there sepals
As she now runs far, far too deeply ahead.
Oh incantations they’re drowning in decibels.
Oh her heads in a monastery of pain
For a hurt little infidel dame
Who hollers now to go home alone, but
It’s really not her confessional choice…
Oh she just wants her knight in armour
To tie up alongside his steed and read
Her his reams of poetry,
And set her heart on fire.
Oh incantations can it be
It’s just her heart alone in the dark
Drumming out its ache to share his breath
Weightlessly, endlessly, hopelessly dreaming…
Leafs aren’t now separating, lotus
Petals falling from there sepals
As she now runs far, far too ahead.
Oh incantations are drowning in decibels.
In his head she’s his Sleeping Beauty.
Oh incantations reams of poetry.
Mark Heathcote's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Incantations Longing... by Mark Heathcote )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Down, sEaN nOrTh
- In Just One Week They Said That You Were.., mary douglas
- Bible Thumpers and Fuzzy Bumpers, Monk E. Biz
- The Greatness of Ascetics(Section 3 of T.., rajendran muthiah
- It came like a storm, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- please don't take her, Onyekachukwu Vincent Onyeche
- Car Lights (Haiku), Jesus James Llorico
- Expression Eruption: Alcohol, Onyekachukwu Vincent Onyeche
- Death please came and take me, tsholofelo phakathi
- The Ph.D. Guide & The Girl Scholar (A Lo.., Bijay Kant Dubey