Benjamin K Duncan
The thick smog of morning traffic gently carresses my lungs with it's carcinogenic touch.
at the cost of health,
a compromise i'm willing to make.
Trying not to touch the person next to you on the bus
their skin feels sticky against yours.
I remember trying to get away.
I'll just stand the whole journey, that way I won't have to touch anybody.
But they smell so.
I won't breathe the whole journey.
But they're hideous.
I keep my eyes closed.
Im not on the bus anymore, I'm in the cavernous enclave of my mind;
A thousand thoughts, thinking at the same time;
jostling for attention;
synapses overcome, life a mere flash.
Remember nothing, love not a thing, feel as little as possible.
The more I invest the more I lose,
I don't want to lose myself to this world of people.
Because out of the eons of evolution, she picked you, you are the culmination of perfection.
I am the most perfect incarnation of a human so far.
Yet I am so incomplete,
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Incomplete by Benjamin K Duncan )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Missing An Award Ceremony, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Weeping Under The Rain, Tony Adah
- EVEN More Cosmic Than That~~~, Monk E. Biz
- No Place Nation, Xavier Cole
- Dream Another Dream, Xavier Cole
- CITY OF LOVE 10 WORD, Beryl Dov
- Polyamory, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- HEARTBREAK 10 WORD, Beryl Dov
- Multiple children, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- If I Had a Voice, Lee Gelis