Benjamin K Duncan
Reality has forgotten my existence.
And I've forgotten her's,
She remembers I think.
Sun screams through a window.
To stun from slumber.
The blankets feel warm, outside so cold.
Forced from sanctuary.
Coffee so bland.
Toast stale and tasteless.
The sun asphyxiates
Me from the morning
A golden hand at my throat.
Rays rusting my eyes,
Beat and bash furiously;
My stop, their stop, our stop.
We're all enslaved to work,
Like ants busying about tunnels.
Digging. Sifting. Smelling.
Exchanging awkward glances.
Biting the truth through a thumbnail.
We'll be safe, it won't happen.
These people can't hear the scream
Don't buy what they're selling.
A whisper breaks through the perpetual noise,
A light, a flash for an instance.
Her, she's gone again.
I didn't even;
I don't want to.
I'll tell myself again and again,
And a million times again.
I've forgotten, it's her who remembers.
In the bleakness of existence
She is the reached hand;
To care, caress.
Benjamin K Duncan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Forgotten by Benjamin K Duncan )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Death is Nothing at All, Henry Scott Holland
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
Poem of the Day
- Dreamt Of You 6, Michael P. McParland
- To Answer Your Question, Serena Blackinton
- ' H E I S...', sunshine garcia
- Love Note 11, Michael P. McParland
- Bicker and Swear, Donal Mahoney
- Put God First, Robert Barnett
- Te Amé Desde el Primer de los Días, Hebert Logerie
- Scales falling, Angell Afinowi
- About the Armadillo, Angell Afinowi
- Leprosy at the birthday Party, Angell Afinowi