Benjamin K Duncan
Reality has forgotten my existence.
And I've forgotten her's,
She remembers I think.
Sun screams through a window.
To stun from slumber.
The blankets feel warm, outside so cold.
Forced from sanctuary.
Coffee so bland.
Toast stale and tasteless.
The sun asphyxiates
Me from the morning
A golden hand at my throat.
Rays rusting my eyes,
Beat and bash furiously;
My stop, their stop, our stop.
We're all enslaved to work,
Like ants busying about tunnels.
Digging. Sifting. Smelling.
Exchanging awkward glances.
Biting the truth through a thumbnail.
We'll be safe, it won't happen.
These people can't hear the scream
Don't buy what they're selling.
A whisper breaks through the perpetual noise,
A light, a flash for an instance.
Her, she's gone again.
I didn't even;
I don't want to.
I'll tell myself again and again,
And a million times again.
I've forgotten, it's her who remembers.
In the bleakness of existence
She is the reached hand;
To care, caress.
Benjamin K Duncan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Forgotten by Benjamin K Duncan )
- Carlos Drummond de Andrade
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(10 November 1730 – 4 April 1774)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Harivansh Rai Bachchan
(27 November 1907 – 18 January 2003)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Say I Say I Say, Simon Armitage
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- A Night-Piece, William Wordsworth
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
Poem of the Day
- My Conscience Leads Me On, Tony Adah
- Just To Encourage You To Hold On, Edward Kofi Louis
- I Will Seek For You, Edward Kofi Louis
- Under The Apple Tree, Edward Kofi Louis
- Spiced Wine, Edward Kofi Louis
- Innocent Wishes, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- Come And See II, Edward Kofi Louis
- Office, orifice!, Edward Kofi Louis
- Like A Baby, Edward Kofi Louis
- Tears Of Love II, Edward Kofi Louis