I AM INDIA
In-dependent and Free
When I close my eyes…….
And try to look inside…
My HEART beating
Pulse rate is high…
I am afraid I might die of HEART ATTACK…
My BRAIN receiving and passing signals
But is infected with tumor…
I am afraid of dying through BRAIN TUMOR...
I raised both of my ARMS
But I found them putrid
As impure blood is running in the veins…
I want to run away..
I want to be free in real sense..
OHHH…I am PARALYZED..
I am blubbering from inside..
Yelling and mourning for help..
As i am frail and sick
My co-workers are taking un-due advantage
I am getting dumped for free…
STOP! STOP! PLEASE STOP!
In trepidation my eyes opened….
And I QUESTIONED myself…
Was it my BAD DREAM or REALITY or MY FUTURE? ? ? ?
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (INDIA'S PLIGHT by Priyanka Kaw )
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Mark Strand
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- A Poison Tree, William Blake
- Be Kind, Charles Bukowski
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
Poem of the Day
- Your Voice, Gina Borrebach
- For peace, gajanan mishra
- Lament Before The Eve, lingering stupor
- Sons of the nature, gajanan mishra
- The Death of Poetry, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Christmas Scene, Salim R Javed
- Girls are not a burden.A sweet conversat.., Salim R Javed
- Night, Leong Ming Loong
- The Tired Smile, Leong Ming Loong
- Blood and Gore, Leong Ming Loong