I AM INDIA
In-dependent and Free
When I close my eyes…….
And try to look inside…
My HEART beating
Pulse rate is high…
I am afraid I might die of HEART ATTACK…
My BRAIN receiving and passing signals
But is infected with tumor…
I am afraid of dying through BRAIN TUMOR...
I raised both of my ARMS
But I found them putrid
As impure blood is running in the veins…
I want to run away..
I want to be free in real sense..
OHHH…I am PARALYZED..
I am blubbering from inside..
Yelling and mourning for help..
As i am frail and sick
My co-workers are taking un-due advantage
I am getting dumped for free…
STOP! STOP! PLEASE STOP!
In trepidation my eyes opened….
And I QUESTIONED myself…
Was it my BAD DREAM or REALITY or MY FUTURE? ? ? ?
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (INDIA'S PLIGHT by Priyanka Kaw )
- Washing Upon The Shore, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- You Will Not Die, Paul Sebastian
- the world the flesh and the devill, ademola oluwabusayo
- If This Were My Last Moment, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Just the Right Madness: A Found Poem, Frank Avon
- COPLA 111 RESOLUTION: This Bad Guy World, T (no first name) Wignesan
- Nature's Sanctuary, Khairul Ahsan
- Gray Tears, herbert guitang
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.49, Monk E. Biz
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.48, Monk E. Biz
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Farewell, Anne Brontë
- Footsteps of Angels, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)