I AM INDIA
In-dependent and Free
When I close my eyes…….
And try to look inside…
My HEART beating
Pulse rate is high…
I am afraid I might die of HEART ATTACK…
My BRAIN receiving and passing signals
But is infected with tumor…
I am afraid of dying through BRAIN TUMOR...
I raised both of my ARMS
But I found them putrid
As impure blood is running in the veins…
I want to run away..
I want to be free in real sense..
OHHH…I am PARALYZED..
I am blubbering from inside..
Yelling and mourning for help..
As i am frail and sick
My co-workers are taking un-due advantage
I am getting dumped for free…
STOP! STOP! PLEASE STOP!
In trepidation my eyes opened….
And I QUESTIONED myself…
Was it my BAD DREAM or REALITY or MY FUTURE? ? ? ?
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (INDIA'S PLIGHT by Priyanka Kaw )
- LETTER TO A MOTHER 2, john chizoba vincent
- The Festival of Lights, Deepawali, Bijay Kant Dubey
- To Loving Partha Sarothi -A Token Of Love., Bazi alis Subrata Ray
- Picking At Sores, Kyle Schlicher
- Crazy, Dipankar Sadhukhan
- National Festival, Asit Kumar Sanyal
- I Must Make Preparations, Kyle Schlicher
- Aftermath…, LALITHA JOSEPH
- THE FUNERAL RAM, john chizoba vincent
- I Am Tired Before My Time, Kyle Schlicher
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- A Drinking Song, William Butler Yeats
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Raven, Edgar Allan Poe
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)