God in my dream and asking me to make a wish..
I glanced at mirror
Staring at my image//
Touching my curly hair – that I never wanted..
Looking at my face and always wished for fine lineaments..
Do not want to wear heels for the sake of looking tall
Always wished for superlative physique
Then I looked at God…
“NIX” please give me some time to think...
I visualized my house, always wished to latch my own house
A big lawn
XUV parked at garage
And swimming pool in backyard…
Nope, let me think again…
I thought of my profession
Better job, high post, handsome salary
To make my living style more comfortable..
Then I looked at my husband sleeping on my side
And told to God “THANK YOU”
You have given me a loving and caring life partner
And till the time he is in my life I do not need anything else.
Give him a long and healthy life, with him I am alive..
Give me the courage to struggle and face the reality..
You have created me for reason..
Let me find that reason and complete my journey
Till I sleep on dead bed.
Thank You God
For coming into my dream and making me realized what I really wanted
Making me introduced to myself once again and once for all.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (THANK YOU by Priyanka Kaw )
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- THOUGHT-LIFE (Quatrains), Cynthia BuhainBaello
- Music, Life's Soundtrack (Quatrains), Cynthia BuhainBaello
- Love Note 16, Michael P. McParland
- Change, David Lessard
- ENVY DEFINED, Cynthia BuhainBaello
- Oh My Dear, Michael P. McParland
- The actor and the witness, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Possessive of God, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- The forbidden ritual, Mark Heathcote
- WHEN ON ME THEY CANNOT FEED, Cynthia BuhainBaello