Inferno in Shirley
Into the hellfire you scrambled for us,
You went in with a ferocious cuss.
Flames all around you searched and found,
You did not do it for the Sterling Pound.
Onwards you struggled through the searing heat,
So many would say an Heroic feat.
However, you were trained to do your job,
You’d rescue the frail; and even the yob.
Your hearts were on the task that night,
Residents and you were given a fright.
You lengthened the lives of many a man,
In the smoky building that you did scan.
Your colleagues around supporting the team,
But you felt your job had become a dream.
Now you’re at rest and your family thrive,
And many are pleased that they are alive!
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Inferno in Shirley by Charles McMullen )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ -50, Ronjoy Brahma
- Woman's relation matters, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Altar Of Twilight, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- alone! ! !, SALINI NAIR
- Grace, Jacque Hardison
- Conjure The Music, Margaret Alice Second
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ -49, Ronjoy Brahma
- Inner Beauty Growing, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- A Baby Hurt, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Brewster's, RoseAnn V. Shawiak