Lawrence S. Pertillar
Innocence Has Taken Flight
So many moving further away from the basics,
With a determination to complicate...
A simple way of appreciating life,
Once thought magical and exciting at a time...
When minds were not bombarded to accept,
The presence of corruption, deception and crime.
It appears temptations and weaknesses are evident,
Innocence has taken flight.
With a speeding done that appears dedicated,
To leave behind all yesterdays...
A fast forward movement has advocated removing,
Those who have aged to witness time fly.
To be left to find excuses and more alibis,
As to why they sat to watch life with regrets.
Instead of adventuring to uncover,
Those sweet memories remembered and received...
As a peace of mind and happiness,
Is welcomed and better when reminisced.
'It seems to me that the past is all history now.'
That's why it is referred to as history.
Very few have an ability to reminisce the future.
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Innocence Has Taken Flight by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
- What they say!, Harold R Hunt Sr
- Blue, david kush
- A Few Autumn Notes Late October 2014, Daniel Brick
- Ficticious, Nicholas Nikolov
- Love Is Weak, Tony Adah
- Behind the rock of suicide خلف صخرة الان.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- The All-knowing God, Dr John Celes
- if i were a day, i'd say, Mandolyn ...
- In bed, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- The real moments of truth anytime لحظات .., MOHAMMAD SKATI
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- "Hope" is the thing with feathers, Emily Dickinson
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)