Lawrence S. Pertillar
Innocence Has Taken Flight
So many moving further away from the basics,
With a determination to complicate...
A simple way of appreciating life,
Once thought magical and exciting at a time...
When minds were not bombarded to accept,
The presence of corruption, deception and crime.
It appears temptations and weaknesses are evident,
Innocence has taken flight.
With a speeding done that appears dedicated,
To leave behind all yesterdays...
A fast forward movement has advocated removing,
Those who have aged to witness time fly.
To be left to find excuses and more alibis,
As to why they sat to watch life with regrets.
Instead of adventuring to uncover,
Those sweet memories remembered and received...
As a peace of mind and happiness,
Is welcomed and better when reminisced.
'It seems to me that the past is all history now.'
That's why it is referred to as history.
Very few have an ability to reminisce the future.
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Innocence Has Taken Flight by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- Let the Lines Come, Shalom Freedman
- Lost In A Photograph, Kewayne Wadley
- Riff on Hope at the Dentiist, David McLansky
- tHiNgz B cLeAr er inside OpEn - LoST fRi.., sEaN nOrTh
- TO BE UNDERSTOOD SUBLIMITY, ROCHISH MON
- *In Sympathy Melt - for Jen Walls, C. P. Sharma
- Animal Kingdom, Denis Martindale
- *True is my Master*, C. P. Sharma
- sCenE LeFt RiGht tHeIr, sEaN nOrTh
- A Tingly Feeling, Alvin Jenner