I try and try, but I can't go to sleep.
Night after night I just lie here awake,
Stuck listening to some loud kitten's weep,
Or the tired breathing sound that all cars make.
My body is beat, but my mind is not.
No one else is up to help me lie down.
I think a pill now might help out a lot,
And give me some rest in this restless town.
D.L. Aceves's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Insomnia by D.L. Aceves )
Poem of the Day
- kiss of death, anne adam
- November, Thomas Hood
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- I Would Live In Your Love, Sara Teasdale
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Flower of Love, Oscar Wilde
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(8 August 1884 – 29 January 1933)