Lost within You
Lost within You
the warm smile
upon your face
that touched my heart
with your love and grace.
The feelings I have
in my spirit are true,
that's why I became
lost within you.
Another minute races by
just thinking about
being by your side.
I sit down wondering, dreaming
and gazing into the sky
as people watch the reflection of love
shining in my eyes.
Smiling and reflecting
on the laughs we shared
made those moments special and rare.
As I shut my eyes,
What do I see?
your pleasant face
staring directly at me.
I did not realize
how many minutes flew-
just thinking of you.
So whenever I want
to feel you near
I just close my eyes
and you then appear.
Happiness quickly settles
in my heart lasting for days
that seem to never die away.
Leaving me content
sitting for hours drifting off into
a dream about you, making me
become lost within you.
(c) By Naomi Johnson
Naomi Johnson's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Lost within You by Naomi Johnson )
- The America Flag., Harold R Hunt Sr
- Euphoric Nights By Bo-Edward Lawrence, Bo Edward Lawrence
- Storms do not last., Harold R Hunt Sr
- Crime repeats itself., Harold R Hunt Sr
- The American dream, Harold R Hunt Sr
- I Fly, Harold R Hunt Sr
- Fissures Of Imagination, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Girl-child., Bieze Josephat
- Main Street U.S.A., Harold R Hunt Sr
- Cabin in the woods., Harold R Hunt Sr
Poem of the Day
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Touched by an Angel, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
- Heather Burns
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)