Lost within You
Lost within You
the warm smile
upon your face
that touched my heart
with your love and grace.
The feelings I have
in my spirit are true,
that's why I became
lost within you.
Another minute races by
just thinking about
being by your side.
I sit down wondering, dreaming
and gazing into the sky
as people watch the reflection of love
shining in my eyes.
Smiling and reflecting
on the laughs we shared
made those moments special and rare.
As I shut my eyes,
What do I see?
your pleasant face
staring directly at me.
I did not realize
how many minutes flew-
just thinking of you.
So whenever I want
to feel you near
I just close my eyes
and you then appear.
Happiness quickly settles
in my heart lasting for days
that seem to never die away.
Leaving me content
sitting for hours drifting off into
a dream about you, making me
become lost within you.
(c) By Naomi Johnson
Naomi Johnson's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Lost within You by Naomi Johnson )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Rainer Maria Rilke
(4 December 1875 – 29 December 1926)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- The Boy Who Laughed At Santa Claus, Ogden Nash
- The Three Kings, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- TRUE MEANING OF CHRISTMAS, Eugene W. Miller
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
Poem of the Day
- 'Tis a Somewhat Sad Christmas!, Dr John Celes
- Let me observe carefully, gajanan mishra
- Waiting, Jennifer Colyne Hall
- Thank all and smile, hasmukh amathalal
- O my Lord, gajanan mishra
- The Day Is Gone, And All Its Sweets Are .., Luo Zhihai
- Picturing, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Flag of peace, gajanan mishra
- Changing Positions, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Elevated Insight, RoseAnn V. Shawiak