As the storms subsided
I recognized your plight,
The tide pushed and pulled us closer
Until my land was out of sight
Outraged, the shoreline shook
Palms ripped themselves from sand
Homes and memories were forsook
The lightening split the heavens
While thunder deafened every earthly nook.
Even then, there you were
I've brought you to the shore,
So my world we can reform
You know all the wreckage,
You know you inspired the storm?
Known or not, now you're here
Now you're going to stay.
Side by side, and hand in hand
We've built so much already.
Side by side
That was inevitable...
Hand in hand; that was your dream all along
How did you creep into my mind
And plant that lovely dream?
Stitch your name into my heart
Whilst patching up a seam?
Success is such a formal word
To express our victory.
A silly crush and subtle goal
Have turned 'you' and 'I' to 'we'
You took the chance,
I took the dive,
And now the smiles dance
Upon these lips, now graced by
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Irony: reversal of the expectations
You've added a bit to my life, dear,
Comments about this poem (Ironic Romance by Faustina Marie )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Withpout A White European Wife, One Cann.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- For Instance, Everything May Be Divisibl.., G.C. Waldrep
- Chaos on 11-12-2007, Kyle Schlicher
- A Bird Is A Desperate, G.C. Waldrep
- Area Of Dog, G.C. Waldrep
- Sonnet: Has the End Come?, Dr John Celes
- Time Is The Distance, Kyle Schlicher
- What is Performance, G.C. Waldrep
- What is a Soprano, G.C. Waldrep
- What Begins Bitterly Becomes Another Lov.., G.C. Waldrep