Lawrence S. Pertillar
Is It Or Is It 'Not' About The Work?
I have often heard it said...
'THIS is 'not' about YOU!
THIS is about the WORK.
And EVERYONE's participation.'
And on that I agree.
'This' I do know...
IF my participation is mediocre,
And the WORK should fail?
With a focus directly given?
Guess 'who' will 'then'...
Get more attention without seeking it.
From anyone to have it mentioned?
'What do you 'think' was missing from the project? '
I have no clue.
It was 'you' who said it was about the WORK.
If you wish to make it about my contribution?
I remember you distinctly,
Expressing your thoughts about a 'collective' participation.
Is it or is it 'not' about the work?
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Is It Or Is It 'Not' About The Work? by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- San Jose Hills in My Thoughts, Natasa Tocuc
- Be found in elevations high, Mark Heathcote
- Children, Varghese J Kuttikat
- A Song For Mortals, Varghese J Kuttikat
- More of a Sufferer than a Sinner, Varghese J Kuttikat
- Prayer of a Tree, Bill Cantrell
- COPLA SESENTA Y UNO: This Bad Guy World, T (no first name) Wignesan
- Niagara, Nassy Fesharaki
- ADEEB QUDSI, THE GREAT MEMORY اديب قدسي .., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Purposeful Truths, RoseAnn V. Shawiak