Lawrence S. Pertillar
Is It Or Is It 'Not' About The Work?
I have often heard it said...
'THIS is 'not' about YOU!
THIS is about the WORK.
And EVERYONE's participation.'
And on that I agree.
'This' I do know...
IF my participation is mediocre,
And the WORK should fail?
With a focus directly given?
Guess 'who' will 'then'...
Get more attention without seeking it.
From anyone to have it mentioned?
'What do you 'think' was missing from the project? '
I have no clue.
It was 'you' who said it was about the WORK.
If you wish to make it about my contribution?
I remember you distinctly,
Expressing your thoughts about a 'collective' participation.
Is it or is it 'not' about the work?
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Is It Or Is It 'Not' About The Work? by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
- I am born on the land, ramesh rai
- John Ashbery: Some Personal Reflections, Ron Price
- meet my new jabberwocky, Mandolyn ...
- 3: 41, Adam Groszeibl
- Filtrate, Akhtar Jawad
- I am gajananmishra, gajanan mishra
- Winter, Neela Nath
- How wonder, gajanan mishra
- Fortunate enough, hasmukh amathalal
- To Bob Whelan on Discussing Pablo Neruda, Bill Grace
Poem of the Day
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Oh, the places you'll go!, Adens Kamwi
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- A Late Walk, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Mother to Son, Langston Hughes
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)