Lawrence S. Pertillar
Is It Or Is It 'Not' About The Work?
I have often heard it said...
'THIS is 'not' about YOU!
THIS is about the WORK.
And EVERYONE's participation.'
And on that I agree.
'This' I do know...
IF my participation is mediocre,
And the WORK should fail?
With a focus directly given?
Guess 'who' will 'then'...
Get more attention without seeking it.
From anyone to have it mentioned?
'What do you 'think' was missing from the project? '
I have no clue.
It was 'you' who said it was about the WORK.
If you wish to make it about my contribution?
I remember you distinctly,
Expressing your thoughts about a 'collective' participation.
Is it or is it 'not' about the work?
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Is It Or Is It 'Not' About The Work? by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
- Someday, Ryan Telebwe
- The Stars so Bright, Glenn Boeckx
- Catch the Moon, Maya Hanson (mye3)
- I Could Not Find My Way Free, Shalom Freedman
- Sailstarred, Sandsifting, Seaweed Script.., Saiom Shriver
- The art of love and affection!, Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- Heaven with the Creator, Althea Marshall Wypyszczak
- Prison diary, Shikdar Waliuzzaman
- Mules, Saiom Shriver
- Abandoned Cocoon, Saiom Shriver
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Sonnet XVII, Pablo Neruda
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
William Carlos Williams
(17 September 1883 – 4 March 1963)