It is not my sin
Ah how thousand of moments have shattered me; left me within myself.
Unable and unwilling to divulge my fears, my hopes, my needs to you.
Doomed to failure, it persists.
Your actions, your deeds, unbeknown to you,
have conjured this vulnerability you`ve bestowed upon me -
such honour leaves me giggling (not) .
I will tell you a long standing secret: I fear life because of you.
Oh, perhaps it is no secret, but anyway...
Yes, this fear of life and of loving to the fullest has made my heart into a castle -
not the Cinderella, ''happily-ever-after'' kind of castle...
but more of the dark, gloomy kind giving me a glimpse only of the dark, side of the sun.
I search for the colour of reason but find rather aglow a shadow on the wall.
Although you'd never admit it: this is your sin, not mine.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (It is not my sin by Miss Tee )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(June 8, 1915 – November 19, 2011)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
Rainer Maria Rilke
(4 December 1875 – 29 December 1926)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- To an Athlete Dying Young, Alfred Edward Housman
- Are You Drinking?, Charles Bukowski
- Bluebird, Charles Bukowski
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- A Sketch, William Wordsworth
Poem of the Day
- A Dream Of Death, Luo Zhihai
- Why Life?, Sandra Feldman
- Adrenaline, Raihana Abdul Jabbar
- What was this feeling?, Sergio Jaime
- MERI PRAKRATI, Gunjan Panchal
- There Are So Many Things I Can Still Do, Shalom Freedman
- Heedless, Jubril Balogun
- Missing You, Michael P. McParland
- Against my empty soul, Bee Kilpatrick
- Which One Do I Choose?, Julie Johnson