Waltz For Zizi
It's Grieving Time, So Have A Plate
Even before my birth, I met people that hated me,
for my heart
and I'm pretty sure that the one I call mother, never wanted me
to be born alive.
I was as big as a bug, when my father first hit me,
through my mother's soft belly,
with arms and legs, and sometimes even with a bat,
when he was really drunk.
'But alcohol, is not an excuse, you monster! '
Was I such a big burden, for your arms to hold,
Or should I better name you killer?
My memories say, that she was always crying,
in the night,
and sometimes in the day too.
The only time I saw her smile, towards me
is when she laid me, on my back, amongst the stray cats
to dig for a bit of food, in a dumpster,
half empty and half full,
with the unwanted belongings of men.
My crib, I never imagined it would resemble so much to a dumpster.
Please stop, it's a sin to shedd so many tears,
in front of your child.
Mom, I love you, for giving me a heart and your blood,
I love you for the crumb of dreams,
that you placed under my pillow
before your disappearance into the deep grave.
I love you.
I won't draw hate on my skin anymore.
I love you.
You made it live... my heart.
Waltz For Zizi's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (It's Grieving Time, So Have A Plate by Waltz For Zizi )
Did you read them?
- Billboards, Tony Adah
- Lovely emergence, hasmukh amathalal
- Realize, my dear, gajanan mishra
- Should not mind, hasmukh amathalal
- Bridegroom to His Bride, Frank Avon
- What Is Life?, Abhishek Dubey
- Useless exercise, hasmukh amathalal
- Never letting, hasmukh amathalal
- Truth is in south, gajanan mishra
- Student, Paul Sebastian
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(20 September 1902 – 7 March 1971)
- Heather Burns
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
Harold R Hunt Sr
(Jan 14 1954)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)