Waltz For Zizi
It's Grieving Time, So Have A Plate
Even before my birth, I met people that hated me,
for my heart
and I'm pretty sure that the one I call mother, never wanted me
to be born alive.
I was as big as a bug, when my father first hit me,
through my mother's soft belly,
with arms and legs, and sometimes even with a bat,
when he was really drunk.
'But alcohol, is not an excuse, you monster! '
Was I such a big burden, for your arms to hold,
Or should I better name you killer?
My memories say, that she was always crying,
in the night,
and sometimes in the day too.
The only time I saw her smile, towards me
is when she laid me, on my back, amongst the stray cats
to dig for a bit of food, in a dumpster,
half empty and half full,
with the unwanted belongings of men.
My crib, I never imagined it would resemble so much to a dumpster.
Please stop, it's a sin to shedd so many tears,
in front of your child.
Mom, I love you, for giving me a heart and your blood,
I love you for the crumb of dreams,
that you placed under my pillow
before your disappearance into the deep grave.
I love you.
I won't draw hate on my skin anymore.
I love you.
You made it live... my heart.
Waltz For Zizi's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (It's Grieving Time, So Have A Plate by Waltz For Zizi )
Did you read them?
- Gridlock, Polarization And Shown Indiffe.., Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Similar yet different, Nassy Fesharaki
- Early To Bed, Michael McParland
- Burnt Offerings, John Tansey
- On the Day Isaac Lay Upon the Rock, Guillermo Veloso
- 567, Mandolyn ...
- A Painful Extraction, Greg Costello
- Never Conquering Friendship, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- At shoes' stores, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Hindsight Can Not Be Blinded, Lawrence S. Pertillar
Poem of the Day
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Home And Love, Robert William Service
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
- Heather Burns