It was an unattended death
It was an unattended death.
The universe looked the other way
In respect for her resolve.
The softball games have been canceled
And we have the weekend to speculate
On what we couldn't spectate:
How her hair finally tossed,
The rales that went unheard,
How her toes curled, how
Her shadow cast as she hung,
How her lockermate's gasp
Unraveled the thick knot
Of silence and sent
Her secret uncoiling wildly.
It's raining on her home field
And here too, in the road city,
Where she would've played.
Not enough to cancel a softball game,
Just an appropriate amount.
Francis Santaquilani's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (It was an unattended death by Francis Santaquilani )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- To whom I am going, gajanan mishra
- In The Process Of Existence, Naveed Akram
- Thy presence, binod bastola
- My Maiden's Love Is Like A Cloud In June, Chibueze Oscar Osuji
- दिल को हरदम dil ko hardam, hasmukh amathalal
- Ode To Envy, Chibueze Oscar Osuji
- Time be quite, Filippo Stella
- Domestic goddess, Mark Heathcote
- Blank Depression, Chibueze Oscar Osuji
- The tears of human race, Great Emeritus