It was an unattended death
It was an unattended death.
The universe looked the other way
In respect for her resolve.
The softball games have been canceled
And we have the weekend to speculate
On what we couldn't spectate:
How her hair finally tossed,
The rales that went unheard,
How her toes curled, how
Her shadow cast as she hung,
How her lockermate's gasp
Unraveled the thick knot
Of silence and sent
Her secret uncoiling wildly.
It's raining on her home field
And here too, in the road city,
Where she would've played.
Not enough to cancel a softball game,
Just an appropriate amount.
Francis Santaquilani's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (It was an unattended death by Francis Santaquilani )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- In search of singularity, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- I am real, gajanan mishra
- God-Love The Great Sugar Cube, Monk E. Biz
- Guiding Through Turmoil, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Cosmic luvgasmacomastoned! ! ! ! ! ! ! !.., Monk E. Biz
- Love, love, love, gajanan mishra
- Tunnels Of Existence, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Missing An Award Ceremony, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Weeping Under The Rain, Tony Adah
- EVEN More Cosmic Than That~~~, Monk E. Biz