It was an unattended death
It was an unattended death.
The universe looked the other way
In respect for her resolve.
The softball games have been canceled
And we have the weekend to speculate
On what we couldn't spectate:
How her hair finally tossed,
The rales that went unheard,
How her toes curled, how
Her shadow cast as she hung,
How her lockermate's gasp
Unraveled the thick knot
Of silence and sent
Her secret uncoiling wildly.
It's raining on her home field
And here too, in the road city,
Where she would've played.
Not enough to cancel a softball game,
Just an appropriate amount.
Francis Santaquilani's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (It was an unattended death by Francis Santaquilani )
- Never feel alone, hasmukh amathalal
- Last Words Played, michael walkerjohn
- Death is certain, hasmukh amathalal
- The Little Men, michael walkerjohn
- Furthest Right, michael walkerjohn
- Political Correctness, michael walkerjohn
- Shiva Stotram, umaprosad das
- THE SEASON, michael walkerjohn
- Far away, Gert Strydom
- THE DOMINIS, michael walkerjohn
Poem of the Day
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
William Carlos Williams
(17 September 1883 – 4 March 1963)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Heather Burns