Francis Santaquilani Poems
- Sailing On He's in this room? He's not being rocked Side...
- Abortion Haiku
- We Are Tigers We are tigers. You are the larger one. I ...
- Games We have these games. I watch, you play.
- Merciful Ghost Is it a haunting If it comes with an alarm
- Unschmackhaft Santa is in the creche! Cradling baby ...
- Accidental Death And Dismember... A fixture now in my ...
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
He's in this room?
He's not being rocked
Side to side.
He's so pale.
He was so brown and
Often red. Strange
To not see him under
The sun, moon and stars.
A white blanket over him.
White sheets under him.
His head floats on a white pillow
Like a fish head on a cushion of
The whitest sea foam.
All of its color washed out to sea.
The wrinkles on his face and neck
And the crinkles around his eyes
Seem ironed out by this artificial light.
His mouth is closed, and
To compete with the gulls
And the ...