Journey of a Plague
Another plague to haunt today,
Add the casualties, it's here to stay.
Solace me now, you kind fresh fool
You shall surely be the contagion's next tool.
Humans fall prey to each other's links
While disease surpasses our bodily brink.
Epidemic breaks out and collects like a hoarder,
Forcing the healers to restore healthy order.
Remedies come forth, paying us salvation.
Withering the curse, relieving it's nation.
Comfort will shortly stay, for we are doors
Opening up and welcoming anatomy's next wars.
Cody Maxie's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Journey of a Plague by Cody Maxie )
- THE WEEKEND BASH., Harold R Hunt Sr
- Not with truth, gajanan mishra
- The race, Harold R Hunt Sr
- Folk dances., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Day, Hanh Chau
- The Wild West., Harold R Hunt Sr
- I Am A Traveler., Tony Adah
- Broken Family, Broken Relationships, Wro.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Morning, spiritual seeker
- Roses, Hanh Chau
Poem of the Day
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Different Ways to Pray, Naomi Shihab Nye
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Rainer Maria Rilke
(4 December 1875 – 29 December 1926)
- Heather Burns
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)