Bring You To Yourself
Design your own strategy, play a unique move.
Be yourself, avoid falling into someone else's groove.
Rejuvenate your constitution, for acceptance sake,
Only if you aim to be another worldly fake.
Wise ones trail-blaze their own road,
Compromising persecution, mapping a better way.
Haters attempt to rigorously scorn the bold,
But the bold will not let themselves fall stray.
Stand unique, an individual clump,
Molded with love, craze, ability, and triumph.
Grasp an idea, design it, make it transpire.
You are yourself, don't nit-pick, admire.
Cody Maxie's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Bring You To Yourself by Cody Maxie )
- There Is Nothing But Darkness, Ronell Warren Alman
- Unpopped Corn Kernals and Cold Hearts..., Monk E. Biz
- The Full Moon, Vigna Mukund
- Adrenaline is my Mistress, Hayley Lewis
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.33, Monk E. Biz
- Incarnation, dr.k.g.balakrishnan kandangath
- Eternal creation, ramesh rai
- Lomp doch fijn besnaard 2, Madrason writer
- Treasured days..., David Lessard
- The body of my Temple lays unswept;, David McLansky
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Sonnet 43: When most I wink, then do min.., William Shakespeare
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)