Trip's rune tune drips, pain grips gain's grain, sands slip
indifferent to applause or tribulation:
as centuries dissolve, full meaning's chime
to tocsin turns from tintinnabulation.
Dissatisfaction earns itself worm urn,
untasted yolk yoke soon evaporates,
missed chances opportunities may earn
for good or ill, for boon, shame blamed on Fates.
Concern for failure ends in cul-de-sac,
might-have-been wishful-thinking self-destroying,
faith, headless hanger for skeletal sack,
bloom's blossom's blown from fantasy employing
defenses that to pseudo judgements fall.
Time's jury haggles over verdict's call.
Jonathan ROBIN's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Judgemental Values by Jonathan ROBIN )
- AnyThing In ReTurn, Kewayne Wadley
- If all we know is love, Mark Heathcote
- Remove Yourself From Bitterness, Ronell Warren Alman
- Fornicating In The Bowels Of Unswerving .., Captain Cur
- im not okay, Faith Taylors
- The world is like a worm, Mark Heathcote
- Our shared tear, Julie Shirley
- Conscious Peal, Adeosun Olamide
- Living Contradictions, Sandra Feldman
- Alley Church, Adeosun Olamide
Poem of the Day
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(c. 600 BCE)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(1886 - 1967)