Just A Dream
I dream of a world where the grass is green,
Where the water is blue and the language is clean.
Where the only thing dirty is grass and mud,
And the only hard thing around is wood.
I dream of a world where the sea is blue,
Where a new born scar is the only tattoo.
Where people are friendly and nice and calm,
And say “goodbye” to all self-harm.
I dream of a world where the clouds are white,
Where the moon is dull and the sun is bright.
Where the days are long and filled with joy,
A world of hope where girl meets boy.
I dream of a world of laughter and cheer,
Where no one is afraid to shed a tear.
Where black and white can live as one,
And all the hatred has finally gone.
I dream of a world where birds can sing,
Where children run and laugh and swing.
Where miracles happen every day,
And where everybody has their say.
I dream of a world where clocks tick tock,
Where shops can sell all their stock.
Where planes fly high and fast and free,
And no one questions the honey bee.
I dream of a world where friends are made,
Where nobody has to be afraid.
Where people do as they please,
And living life is just a breeze.
My dream of a world is one of hope,
But ‘till this day, I guess we’ll cope.
For this vision is one filled with cloud and steam,
But there again, it was only a dream.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Just A Dream by Ashley Meers )
- Consolation, Aparna Chatterjee
- Lifeless, Aparna Chatterjee
- The Unnatural Apologie of Shadows, Nathalie Handal
- millions of pleasure...., veeraiyah subbulakshmi
- My Dear Sweet Kira, Michael McParland
- The Writing Competition!, Denis Martindale
- Daru Piyo, Talk To The Girl And Do Naxal.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Love and Strange Horses—Intima', Nathalie Handal
- debris, oskar hansen
- Les Éventails, Portraits of Passion, Nathalie Handal
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Sonnet I, Sir John Suckling
- Death is Nothing at All, Henry Scott Holland
- Being With You, Heather Burns
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- A Poison Tree, William Blake
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(1886 - 1967)