You asked me to tell about my native land,
And you made as if you did all understand;
But, I was aware you gave to it no priority,
Except to amuse yourself with your curiosity.
Would it be too demanding if I asked back
Your opinion on the war that became a crack
As the longest and most controversial conflict
To bedevil and cause people to contradict?
Do not mention the fifty-eight-thousand lost,
One-hundred-and-eighty-billion dollars cost,
And the way it happened in that painful past,
Its social and mental syndrome thence to last.
Just tell me what you feel, think, and react
When they claimed lack of Just Cause a fact
While National Security and Interests' scope
Is asserted to include anywhere on the globe!
Why not to let Europe for the Nazis to take,
And Asia for the Mikado militarists to invade,
And West Germany for the Soviets to fool,
And South Korea for the Red Chinese to rule?
Of course, the States had to pay some prices
To win and gain the biggest and best slices!
Thus, they had recourse to 'No Just Cause! '
Only because they came to a defamed pause!
Wait and see! I bet, it will be taking actions
To intervene for and against certain factions.
The Middle East, Africa... the cons and pros:
No more 'Far! Strange! Misjudging the foes! '
Now, you have got it: It is remedying things!
Iron fists? velvet gloves? just tactical swings!
The Free World must win to redeem its pride
And justify that the Just Cause is on our side!
Nhuan LeXuan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Just Cause by Nhuan LeXuan )
- Geleefd, geliefd, verzonken, Madrason writer
- That coming Fall, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Set of Compromises, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- A Fundamental Fruit Of The Soul, Romella Kitchens
- Facebook (Haiku), Jesus James Llorico
- Lover Mother Lover, stephen ifill
- Event Horizon, Terence Murphy
- Cruel faces, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- With your memory, hasmukh amathalal
- Googly eyed, Mark Heathcote
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- How Attractive Are You, Shaun Shane
- Daffodil, Shaun Shane
- 06 Perpetual Optimism, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- 03 a love who's just like me, Shaun Shane
- what i am, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Heather Burns
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)