James Bredin (1933 / Ennis Canada)
Juvenile Courts Aug 13th,2012
The Youth Criminal Justice Act replaced the Young Offenders Act,
Politically correct politicians did it all to distract,
One useless law replaced by another and that's a fact,
Left leaning Liberals and their followers had a quiet pact.
Publication bans - no names - are frequent and no questions asked,
Young offenders often walk out of court unknown as though still masked,
Allowed to apologize or compensate and charges withdrawn,
The public don't know anything so therefore can't catch on.
Very few Canadian criminals spend much time in prison,
The soft system, laws and judges won't allow them to be imprisoned,
Crown attorneys bargain away most of the criminal charges,
This allows many of proceedings to end up in no-fault discharges.
With so few consequences; why change a criminal career?
Nobody knows about the vicious crimes and the coast is clear,
Dangerous offender designation banned and not allowed,
So unknown juvenile criminal offenders can still feel proud.
Poet Other Poems
- A Big Black Hole... May 9th,2013
- A BINGO HALL... DEC 5TH,2013
- A BINGO HALL... FEB 21TH,2014
- A BLUE MOON... NOV 23RD,2012
- A CANADIAN DEMOCRATIC DICTATOR
- A CANADIAN ELECTION... MAY 26TH,2013
- A CANADIAN TEA PARTY
- A CONSTITUTION LIKE THE SWISS... JAN 19T...
- A Forbidden Subject
- A GIRL IN DERRY June 19th,2011
- A Group of Appoıntees
- A HUNDRED THOUSAND CANADIAN REASONS
- A National Referendum... March 1st,2014
- A Need For Binding Rederendums... Mar 20...
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.