King Has Sent Me His Limousine And The Old Chauffeur!
Alas! Early morning I saw it was parked
At the backyard of my small apartment
And my beloved still sleeps,
The old man asked me to get ready to see the King
And I left without informing her.
'Hey! Scribbler I found your ugly photograph
In my Queen's handbag? '
'O I am so lucky my Honored Queen found it
In the museum last Sunday and I too found her beautiful photo there,
Sir! I take this opportunity to give it back.'
O that strong lashes woke me up!
Thank God! I saw that beautiful Palace once
And first time in my life had a trip in a Limousine!
nimal dunuhinga's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (King Has Sent Me His Limousine And The Old Chauffeur! by nimal dunuhinga )
- Global Village, Bijay Kant Dubey
- PRETTY GOOD START.., ging taping
- Draw me in your heart, Nehemiah Theophylus Haokip
- The thirst is a thorn., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Simple toys, hasmukh amathalal
- Acquaintance across the gender, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Begining of my love, Nehemiah Theophylus Haokip
- What is all truth, Nehemiah Theophylus Haokip
- Let all people, hasmukh amathalal
- To be successful…, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Footsteps of Angels, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- Farewell, Anne Brontë
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)