Benjamin K Duncan
Lament to Torment of Childhood
Have you forgotten when you were young?
When ignorance was your primary concern.
When 'where did the rubbish man take all of his rubbish'
was all you wanted to know.
When no matter how loud you cried
your parents wouldn't get you a limited edition
Star Wars Lego Set.
You could only play with your brothers Lego.
Which he didn't want.
When you were hungry all of the time.
And tired the rest of the time.
I only ever wanted to grow old
when I was young.
I'm still a child
I just look older.
Benjamin K Duncan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Lament to Torment of Childhood by Benjamin K Duncan )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- putin and napoleon, co the skipper
- Poet And Poem, Ruma Chaudhuri
- My Dream, Kripa Bhardwaj
- Under the Tamaring Tree (St. Patrick's A.., Leonard Dabydeen
- Prime Truth - 83, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- Prime Truth - 82, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- Directors Are Cap Off Scot-Free, Terence G. Craddock
- Prime Truth - 81, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- Relation is by woman, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- life without you, kiranjot kaur thiara