Last day of you in my life
When the last day was coming closer
You were more worried than me.
You kept on telling me
I will be going
I will be going.
I kept on telling me
How can she go?
She is in my heart
It has only walls and no doors.
If death were parting you from me
I would have fealt better
Because you are never going to be
with any body else.
You will go away from me
and will start telling you
Past is past
forget the bloody past.
When you wanted to see me
for the last time.
I could not stand the last time
So, only I knew
that the time before last
was really the last.
So, I kept looking at your
till it was no longer
possible to see.
Thomas Viruvelil's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Last day of you in my life by Thomas Viruvelil )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Alfred Lord Tennyson
(6 August 1809 – 6 October 1892)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Mark Strand
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- Honey its your last chance, cristobal Benjumea
- Related, gajanan mishra
- Best day, Diplove gautam
- Thankful For You KP, Michael P. McParland
- Ten Dozen Red Roses, Michael P. McParland
- Eyes of Genesis, Merton Lee
- Haiku Concert At Day Break, Dorothy (Alves) Holmes
- Sending All My Love, Michael P. McParland
- Saved, Michael P. McParland
- What Does It Matter, Dorothy (Alves) Holmes