Laughter is a unique quality endowed to mankind;
It is completely denied to the animal mind.
When humour is dwelt upon and reared,
There emanates laughter and is shared.
Roaring laughter is contagious,
And humour is surely infectious.
Laughter escalates hilarity and happiness,
And humour diminishes weariness.
One can laugh at a joke, ridiculous,
And can scoff at another one, meticulous.
One needs to be like a child, so jolly,
Egoless and innocent to laugh so merrily.
Laughter requires a bit of intelligence,
As well as presence of mind and good sense.
Benefits of laughter are numerous,
It bestows a wealth of health on us.
Laughter boosts the immunity system,
And lowers the stress hormone item.
With laughter the whole body is relaxed,
And gnawing pain for a time is axed.
Laughter prevents even the heart disease,
And a sorrowful mood is made to ease.
With a chuckle feel-good endorphins are released,
And with a peal of laughter one is pleased.
Laughter adds joy and zest to life,
And eases anxiety, fear and strife.
Laughter helps conflicts to diffuse,
And mirth in one it does suffuse.
Laughter is a resource for problem surmounting,
And has the power for good relationship enhancing.
Humour lightens one's burdens;
Inspires hope and the outlook broadens.
So let us enjoy humour and guffaw heartily,
And let us blend laughter into our lives verily.
chandra thiagarajan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Laughter by chandra thiagarajan )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Warning, Jenny Joseph
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Death is Nothing at All, Henry Scott Holland
- Moonlit Night, Tu Fu
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
Poem of the Day
- There Is A Time When One Forces Oneself .., Shalom Freedman
- Lament to the Full Moon, Geoffrey Fafard
- Roach Talk, Ima Ryma
- Haiku A Butterfly By Sophy Chen, Sophy Chen
- MERCY OUR COVALENCY REMAINS WITH BUOYANCY, ANTHONY KIRUI
- Haiku A Wizened Rose By Sophy Chen, Sophy Chen
- A Cleaner World, Luis Estable
- A Coronary Relapse, white dove
- When I Die, Luis Estable
- As if I'd Fallen in Its Waves by Sophy.., Sophy Chen