Leaving The Past Behind!
just a two-bit guitar pickin' poet
walking barefoot in dew damp grass;
the fire still shining in eyes
that have seen it all,
and then some....
nothing in his pockets....
grey hair falling 'neath his hat,
bathed in the morning sun;
a half smile on his hardened jaw...
going out to meet the devil,
or the Lord, tomorrow or infinity,
with a song and a dream
still intact.... and a heart
whose door opens both ways...
leaving the past behind!
Eric Cockrell's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Leaving The Past Behind! by Eric Cockrell )
- Prayer of Ruin, Luke J. Holt
- Sweet Memories, Lilly Emery
- Earth's Time Clock Ticks, Patricia Kelley
- I Have Fallen In Deep, Lilly Emery
- Bramblehash, Luke J. Holt
- A Bare Night, Tony Adah
- That Special Feeling, Bill Cantrell
- The Pit Among Dreams, Lilly Emery
- Vietnam ~ Part 2, Sara Fielder
- Time, Mario,Lucien,Rene Odekerken