Lawrence S. Pertillar
Left To Be Kept Undisclosed
To do with a doing with intent to preserve...
That which has been done by those who chose,
Obstacles to overcome.
For purposes to acknowledge a growth...
Unknown by the ones who should excell.
And not be discouraged in limitations to dwell.
Or assume an acceptance of this,
Is a pre-requisite required for one seeking nourishment.
This should be a practice each generation accepts.
But so much is left to be kept undisclosed,
For reasons to keep a truth hidden and unexposed.
To leave budding minds to wither,
On vines dismissed.
While the fruit from them eventually rots.
With a harvesting of mediocrity further drops,
To provide no one a benefit until a wish for this stops.
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Left To Be Kept Undisclosed by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
- Sleep At The Wheel, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Home and Love, Aftab Alam
- Annihilation of trust, Aftab Alam
- Take My Things..., Mr. Nobody
- power of youth, maharshi trivedi
- Let the body die, why should I die?, Aftab Alam
- artist, maharshi trivedi
- life of indigent, maharshi trivedi
- I Freaking Hate Beer!, Mr. Nobody
- PROBLEM OF TODAY'S ERA, maharshi trivedi
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(22 March 1941 -)