Lawrence S. Pertillar
Left To Be Kept Undisclosed
To do with a doing with intent to preserve...
That which has been done by those who chose,
Obstacles to overcome.
For purposes to acknowledge a growth...
Unknown by the ones who should excell.
And not be discouraged in limitations to dwell.
Or assume an acceptance of this,
Is a pre-requisite required for one seeking nourishment.
This should be a practice each generation accepts.
But so much is left to be kept undisclosed,
For reasons to keep a truth hidden and unexposed.
To leave budding minds to wither,
On vines dismissed.
While the fruit from them eventually rots.
With a harvesting of mediocrity further drops,
To provide no one a benefit until a wish for this stops.
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Left To Be Kept Undisclosed by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
Did you read them?
Poem of the Day
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- bra maidenform, rwetewrt erwtwer
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- One Art, Elizabeth Bishop
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
- Heather Burns
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- Sir Rabindranath Tagore